Monday, October 24, 2016

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? October 24, 2016


Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Click on the covers to learn more about each book.

An adorable addition to this series. 
Click here to see my review from last week. 

Click here to see my review from last week. 

This book should come with a pack of tissues. I have not cried because of a book since Maxi's Secrets. 

Finished
A wonderful middle grade novel in verse. 
Maine friends, it would make a nice read aloud. It is set in Maine and the characters participate in 4-H activities. And what would a book set in Maine be without a stereotypical Mainer with a thick Downeast accent?...Ayuh!

Currently Reading

What are you reading friends?




7 comments:

  1. I've been hearing good things about Moo. Now I'm curious about When Friendship Followed Me Home as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great looking books here to add to my list! Thanks! I'm hoping to finally start Starcross this week. Ben started Inkheart (one of my favorites) and is enjoying it. Lucy is getting into Flat Stanley after I grabbed a couple from that series at the library book sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting ready to start "Some Writer! The Story of E.B. White". What a beautiful book! And, also this week, I hope to read "Full of Beans".

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Friendship Followed Me Home is one of our favorite books. You definitely need tissues when you read it. We just finished reading The Second Edition of Becoming a Literacy Leader - Love her new ideas about shared leadership with curriculum planning and how she works with teachers to create whole school experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Moo on a few blogs recently, I love verse novels so this absolutely sounds like a book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Friendship Followed Me Home is great. I got to meet the author at the International Literacy Association Conference in July. I look forward to more books by him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is out of control sounds like my kind of book. :)

    ReplyDelete