Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? August 29, 2016



Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Click on the covers to learn more about each book.

This story made me want to get some pen pals for my 4th graders!
Grades K-4.


Animals try to create equal teams. Grades K-3.

The little rabbit is afraid of his own shadow until it helps him out. 
Grades K-2.

Having a T-rex at your birthday party might not be as fun as you think. 
See full review here .

What a cute way to show kids how to use the homophones to, too and two. Grades 1-3.

A really neat way to weave scientific info into a graphic novel. 
Grades 3-5.

Review coming soon. 
Grades 3-6.

An amazing full-color, entertaining graphic novel that presents the body systems  

Currently Reading



What are you reading friends?














6 comments:

  1. Hi Gigi, this is a fine list of picture books. I love Gene Luen Yand's work. I think I'm one of the few not a Harry Potter fan people on the planet, but I am a Lauren Mracle fan and am looking forward to reading Wishing Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic list of books! As I read through your list, I kept thinking "oh, I'll comment on this one", and then I'd see another title I loved even more! I'll just say that Josh Funk has really been having a stellar year recently, such a talented and very nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Black Rabbit looks so cute, among all the others, too, Gigi. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting for my copy of Wishing Day - and your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the next Coders book. I think I get it tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Dear Dragon! My library doesn't have it yet, but I did place Black Rabbit on hold. Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete