Monday, May 21, 2018

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? May 21, 2018


Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Here is my reading from this week. 


by Watt Key
Published April, 2018
Farrar Straus Giroux
272 Pages
Middle Grade
Fiction-Adventure/Survival

Good Reads Summary
A middle grade survival story about a scuba dive gone wrong and two enemies who must unite to survive.
It's the most important rule of scuba diving: If you don't feel right, don't go down.
So after her father falls ill, twelve-year-old Julie Sims must take over and lead two of his clients on a dive miles off the coast of Alabama while her father stays behind in the boat. When the clients, a reckless boy Julie's age and his equally foolhardy father, disregard Julie's instructions during the dive, she quickly realizes she's in over her head.
And once she surfaces, things only get worse: One of the clients is in serious condition, and their dive boat has vanished--along with Julie's father, the only person who knows their whereabouts. It's only a matter of time before they die of hypothermia, unless they become shark bait first. Though Julie may not like her clients, it's up to her to save them all.

I really loved this book! I read it in one day which is very fast for me. I just needed to find out what happened and could not put it down. I would highly recommend it for grades 5-8. 


I also read...
Read my post here


Currently Reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment