Monday, April 3, 2017

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? April 3, 2017




Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Hi friends. I have some exciting news (well exciting for me any way)! I have recently been elected to the Maine Student Book Award Committee. The MSBA is our state list for grades 4-8. I have been wanting to be a part of this committee for some time now and I am really excited. I will be reading and sharing lots of 2017 titles here as I read like crazy to find great books for Maine students to read. 

Here are my books from the last couple of weeks. Click on the covers to learn more.

Finished
A sweet novel about a boy with autism and the skunk 
he wants to keep as his own. Grades 3-5

New picture book. Two brothers use their imagination when playing outside. Review here

I love these two friends. I have a giveaway of this book running now. Click here

I loved Counting by 7's so I was excited for this one. Unfortunately I didn't like it as much as many of the people that have read it. Grades 4-6

I am a big fan of Ronald Kidd's Night on Fire. I enjoyed this galley, but it is definitely YA in my opinion. Fans of Edgar Allen Poe will appreciate it most. 

Just Started

Listening to..

What are you reading friends? 




11 comments:

  1. Brobrarians sounds fun. Love the books with the characters from I (am not) Scared. For some reason I did not enjoy The Warden's Daughter all that much. I thought I was going to like it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gigi! I really enjoyed Short but it is very different from her other novel. I really want to get my hands onThe Boy Called Bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! The committee (and Maine kids) will surely benefit from all your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's exciting, enjoy your time on the committee!! I've heard a lot about Bat, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy and meet him myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Lots of reading to do, I'm sure! Thanks for the heads up on Kidd title; I was debating but may pass. I was not a fan of Counting by 7''s but liked Short a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have A Boy Called Bat on my list, will get to it soon I'm sure. Love that cover of I Am (Not) Scared, very cute. I've heard The Warden's Daughter is good, interested to read it to see if it's similar to Perry T. Cook, which I enjoyed. Thanks, Gigi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS! I have always wanted to be on my state award committee, so I know how excited you must be!
    You have some wonderful books and books I want to read on your list today.
    I LOVED Bat. I think he is very special.
    Short is on my #mustread list, and I know Warden's Daughter will be a mock Newbery title next year.

    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved A Boy Called Bat! I still need to check out the other books on your list. My Spring Break is still over a week away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are reading A Boy Called Bat now and loving it. So happy to hear about Anna King's book - It is going on our TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Currently reading Jed and the Junkyard War. Great so far! Ben read it with his dad and enjoyed it. Reading Narnia aloud with Lucy. Recently finished the Secret Life of Lincoln Jones which was great! Also loved, loved, loved recent read called Like Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I also received an advance review copy of a Ronald Kidd novel, but couldn't remember the title any longer. Jerry Spinelli's new novel looks like a must-read! :)

    ReplyDelete