Monday, July 11, 2022

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? July 11, 2022

 

Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Here are a couple books I read last week.  

by Melinda Beck
Published April, 2022
Phaidon Press
32 Pages
Board Book
Review copy provided by publisher

Goodreads Summary
A playful and clever board book about shapes and teamwork by a two-time Emmy-nominated children's content creator at Nickelodeon

Pitch-perfect for a preschool audience, this board book introduces shapes and explores themes of teamwork and resilience. Square, rectangle, triangle, circle, squiggly and lumpy all work together to build a house. Each shape makes a unique contribution, and collectively they achieve something that they could not do alone. With an emphasis on interpersonal development, and visually inspired by the children's books created by Russian Constructivists, this is an artful, fresh take on the evergreen topic of shapes. This charming book teaches young readers everywhere that we are far stronger together than alone.

My Thoughts
I am already thinking about using this book in my library for K-1. It offers the concept work of shapes and the attributes of shapes while also capitalizing on the theme of teamwork. The illustrations are intentionally simplistic, and each shape has its own unique personality. This will be a book kids want to hear over and over again. 


Here are some other books I read last week. Click on the cover to go to the book's page on Goodreads. 


Loved this graphic novel for younger students from the author of Mel Fell. And it's a series! 

I am kind of obsessed with all the Elephant & Piggies Like Reading series. 


 

2 comments:

  1. It’s been a long time since I’ve last read any book because I’ve been so invested in my studies that I barely get time for any other activity. However; now that my semester is coming to an end and I’ve already bought the research proposal writing services from an online platform so now, I can spend some time reading books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.helpmyassignments.co.uk/assignment-help-london/
    It's Monday and the start of a new week! As we gear up for a productive week ahead, I wanted to ask the community, what are you reading today? For me, I'm currently diving into some educational material to further my studies, but I always love to hear what others are reading as well. Speaking of education, have any of you come across the need for assignment help in London? With the pressure of school and work, sometimes we could use an extra hand in completing our assignments to the best of our abilities.

    ReplyDelete