Monday, January 1, 2018

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? January 1, 2018


Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Happy New Year to you!! 
I sincerely hope that 2018 is everything you want it to be. I wish you much health and happiness!

Here are some books I have read over the last few weeks.Click on the covers to learn more about each book.

I read a bunch of picture books that have appeared on several mock Caldecott lists.
I did not appreciate this one as much as others. The illustration style is just not for me, but it does have a surprising ending. 

A neat book about perspective. Great to share and discuss seeing things through the eyes of another.

Gorgeous story of an influential musician. 

A sweet, wordless story of budding friendship.

A fascinating look at elephants. Kids will enjoy it for the information and gorgeous illustrations.

I love both the author and illustrator, but this was another that others seem to like more than I do. 

Good book to use to discuss curiosity and asking questions. 

A really interesting view of what it could be like to have your parent be the principal or work in the school you attend. One to add to your middle grade collection. 

Just so, so good. Grade 5 and up. 

A book for fans of Charlotte's Web. 

Oh my word, I loved this book so much. I would consider it YA for upper middle school and high school.

What are you reading friends?

2 comments:

  1. Miles Morales was one of my favorite books from 2017. You had many wonderful books here. Thanks and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved That Neighbor Kid - you have so many books here that I have stacked on my TBR in Goodreads. The Miles Morales one in particular is one that I just know I have to get to this year.

    ReplyDelete