Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Monday- February 11 What Are You Reading?






Please visit the amazing blog: Teach Mentor Texts 
who host this terrific meme each week. 

Here is what I have been reading 
over the last two weeks...


The Center of Everything
by Linda Urban
Click here to see my review.
 


Picture Books 

                 Amazing book!
                                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                                       

    . 



Graphic Novel



Professional Reading




Currently Reading



What Are You Reading?



8 comments:

  1. I loved Linda Urban's other books so I can't wait to read Center of Everything. I'm going to try to get a copy of I Hate Picture Books and Gum Girl. I've heard good things about Genie Wishes. Book Love is on my wish list when I have extra money. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more $ for books too. That would be so nice. Thank for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gigi! Lots of familiar titles here. I know about Michael Rosen's Sad Book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet - sounds like a very powerful book. We've also reviewed Tar Beach a few years back, I think, in time for Black History Month, not sure if it was 2011 or 2010. I love the book cover of I hate Picture Books! :) Looks like a fun book. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I predict I Hate Picture books will be a big one this year. The concept and pictures are great!

      Delete
  3. Book Love! I just popped over to two other IMWAYR blogs and they were reading it, too! I think that's as good of a sign as I'm going to get. Time to move it from my Amazon Wish List to my ordered list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found Book Love on lots of blogs so I ordered it. It is written for high school. but is applicable to all grades. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Ih I love Tar Beach so nice to see it here. I am very curious about this I Hate Picture Books! Keep seeing great reviews. I am so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the Center of Everything! But I agree with you about it being better suited for independent reading. I'll have to look into that graphic novel, Gum Girl; the title is interesting. I'm hearing great things about Genie Wishes... looking forward to your thoughts about it. :)

    ReplyDelete