Saturday, February 3, 2018

Celebrate this Week-WRAD Edition

Each Week Ruth Ayres hosts a platform where she writes about something to celebrate from the week and invites others to celebrate with her. Visit her blog, Ruth Ayres Writes to read more. 

The highlight of my week was definitely World Read Aloud Day. I was so excited to be able to schedule 7 Skype author visits for every class in our K-5 school. 
The day was very busy and tons of fun. The teachers did a great preparing the students by reading the author's books to them and visiting websites so the kids were excited to see the authors live on the screen. They asked great questions and were captivated as the authors talked about themselves, their writing and read their books. Each author had a pet to share so that was an added bonus. 


Lynn Plourde

Madelyn Rosenberg

Anica Mrose Rissi

Stacy McAnulty

Lita Judge

Dana Alison Levy

Maria Gianferrari


The authors were beyond amazing and they all volunteered their Skype session for FREE! I would like to thank them and author Kate Messner for providing a list of authors who are willing to do free Skypes on WRAD. It was a special day I hope to repeat next year. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift for your school! I scheduled one for my class. We had some unfortunate tech issues, but the kids still loved it. Authors are my rock stars!

    ReplyDelete