Saturday, January 20, 2018

Celebrate This Week-January 20, 2018

Each Week Ruth Ayres hosts a platform where she writes about something to celebrate from the week and invites others to celebrate with her. Visit her blog, Ruth Ayres Writes to read more. 

This has actually been a tough week. Within the last week or so I have had 3 friends lose close loved ones and it has just been sad. While I have reached out to my friends and attended one service so far, I can't help but feel that I should do more. 
My hubby has also been sick and work was pretty tough this week. 

Still, even in a hard week, there have been small celebrations. 

*I had a lengthy chat wth my mother in her kitchen early in the week. 
*I was able to sit around a table full of lifelong friends to reminisce with a friend who lost her father.
*I celebrated with friends at an impromptu party at school for a colleague with a "significant" birthday.
*Today I meet with my Maine State Book Award Committee to create our "short list" of 100 books. 

I hope you were able to celebrate things big or small this week friends. 

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an incredibly challenging week. May you continue to find celebrations, even through pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a rough week. This weekly practice of celebrating helps remind us of the good things we need to feel grateful for. They carry us through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive approach to getting through the week. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for these past hard weeks, Gigi, but happy that you have some sunshine to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for finding small celebrations in the midst of a tough week. I would love to see the short list from your book committee. Congrats on that work!

    ReplyDelete