Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? November 17, 2014

Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

This week I finished a couple of books I started a while back. Please click on the titles to learn more about the books. 

by Jonathan Auxier
I really enjoyed this beautifully written, creepy, story.  I think students in grades 5+ will enjoy it the most. 

I finished listening to....
by Kimberly Newton Fusco
I had been meaning to read this one for a while and I am glad I found it on audio. I would recommend it to grades 5+. 

Currently Reading

What are YOU reading friends?

9 comments:

  1. I loved Beholding Bee, a little magic in that too, right? And still need to read The Night Gardener. Thanks, Gigi, & have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you enjoyed Beholding Bee! So many levels going on with this book. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Beholding Bee right now--such a good book. I admired but didn't love Night Gardener--didn't fully connect with me, though I think it's a terrific book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Beholding Bee!! I haven't read Night Gardener yet. Can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rereading The Night Gardener right now for our 4th grade Mock Newbery Club. I agree, I think it's a little above 4th grade, but we'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't you love Beholding Bee? We loved how Kimberly Newton Fusco made the "grandmother characters" so believable. What a terrific book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Jonathan Auxier present at NCTE, and since then I have wanted to read one of his books. I also love that he draws caricatures at NCTE when he is signing books--such a nice dude!

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The NIght Gardener. I think you are right about the age group too, although some sophisticated 4's could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Night Gardener is definitely one of my absolute favourite reads this year. :)

    ReplyDelete