Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nonfiction Wednesday The Beatles were Fab (and They Were Funny)


Please visit the host of this weekly nonfiction book event: Alyson Beecher at Kid Lit Frenzy

The Beatles Were Fab (and They Were Funny)
by Kathleen Krull and Paul Brewer
Illustrated by Stacey Innerst

Published in 2013 by HMH Boks for Young Readers
40 pages
Format: Picture Book
Genre: Nonfiction Biography
I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Summary
This book briefly summarizes the Beatles band from beginning to end.  The reader will learn about how the band came together, and chronicles their rise to fame. It offers a bit more of a look into their personalities and how they interacted with one another. They were a very silly and fun-loving bunch. 

My Thoughts
I was born just after the Beatlemania craze so I did not know much about The Beatles other than a few of their songs until reading this book.  I found it to be entertaining and informative. I really loved the whimsical style of the illustrations. 

Students who enjoy music or have an interest in the 1960's may enjoy this book.  







No comments:

Post a Comment