Monday, November 5, 2012

What Are You Reading Nov. 5, 2012




Please visit the amazing blog: Teach Mentor Texts 
who host this terrific meme each week. 


Last Week I Finished Reading.... 

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
I honestly didn't think this book was for me, but I loved it and downloaded the next book on my Kindle. 


AND

Jumping The Scratch by Sarah Weeks 
I enjoyed this book which is well-written and narrated by the main character who has a terrible secret.  Not appropriate for elementary students.

AND

Ian's Walk by Laurie Lears
A very sweet story about a girl whose brother has autism.  This story hits very close to home for me.  Great short read aloud.
 

What's Next?  

Missing May by Cynthia Rylant
As part of my quest to read the Newbery winners. 


AND

In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson 
by Bette Bao Lord

What Are You Reading?

1 comment:

  1. My students are all obsessed with Riordan (and my sons, too!). What a great way to hook kids on mythology!

    I love Ian's Walk. With the rising number of students with autism, it's so important that kids have a better understanding.

    ReplyDelete