Thursday, July 13, 2023

Some Books I Have Read Recently-July 13

 Here are a few books I have finished in recent weeks. 

by Celia C. Pérez
A 2023-24 Maine Student Book Award Contender
Addie seeks answers from her absent biological father and learns agreat deal about  herself and what it means to be  family in the process.

by Elly Swartz
Expected Publication October, 2023
ebook copy provided by Netgalley
Can secrets and mistakes destroy a lifelong friendship? 
There is so much to dive into in this thoughtful middle grade book. 
Look for it this fall. 

Expected Publication November, 2023
ebook copy provided by Netgalley
The graphic novel captures all the important events from the original novel. I think this version will appeal to many students and will create new fans of the series. 

I loved the original Garvey's Choice novel in verse. Although this version sticks closely to the origin text, I prefer the original. Part of Garvey's struggle is that he is overweight, but the illustrated Garvey doesn't really seem to be quite what I would picture. But, many students will enjoy it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment