Monday, July 13, 2020

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? July 13, 2020


Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Here are a few books I have been able to read over the last couple of weeks. Click on the covers to go to the book's page on Goodreads.

An interesting close look at this pesky insect. 

While this book was interesting and I learned a bit of history that was unfamiliar to me, I found that it was very brief. 

A must-read nf book. 

An eye-opening look at far more than a water problem. 

This book is an important read for my fellow white educators. 

Another great middle grade book from Rebecca Stead.

Middle grade readers will want to travel along with Henry in this exciting story as he tries to demonstrate his independence. 

Currently Reading

Listening To...









6 comments:

  1. What a great list of books! I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't read any of these...yet! Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound great! I loved The List of Things That Will Not Change, and I'm reading Stamped right now. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored The List of Things That Will Not Chang, but I am a biased Rebecca Stead fan. I just downloaded Stamped from the library, but have no idea when I will get to it. Poisoned Water looks like an important book. Here in Canada we have many reserves without drinking water. It's an horrific consequence of systemic racism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jumping into IMWAYR these last two weeks. I have Rebecca Stead's book on Kindle and forgot about it. That's the problem with Kindle. I've listened to Stamped and felt the discomfort of knowing more about my white privilege. It's an important book. Thanks for your other suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually just read one of Elise Gravel's Disgusting Critters books proud that I knew most of the facts only to realize afterwards ai already read the book before,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the Disgusting Critters books but I haven't been able to grab this one yet. I also really loved Stamped and The List of Things That Will Not Change. I have The Last Lie on my NetGalley as well and hope to read it in the next month or so. Caterpillar Summer is a book I intended to read and never quite get to, thanks for all the great shares.

    ReplyDelete