Monday, May 2, 2016

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? May 2,2016



Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Here are the books I got to this week. Click on the covers to learn more about each book. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23358986-lady-pancake-sir-french-toast 
Kids will never look at their refrigerators the same way again. Super-fun!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22875387-how-to-read-a-story
Great beginning-of-the-year picture book!

An early chapter book about living in two homes. Important book for children dealing with divorce. 

Finished Listening
 Wasn't a favorite from this week, but some kids will like this story of the mysterious mud.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22718750-the-tortoise-and-the-soldier
I really enjoyed this historical tale based on a true story. 

Currently Reading
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18190201-the-doldrums

What are YOU reading friends?

14 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I got my copy of How to Read a Story - as you say, it will be perfect for the beginning of the year! I loved The Tortoise and the Soldier as well; The Doldrums wasn't my favorite, though, so I'll be curious to see how kids respond to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far The Doldrums is a bit slow. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Doldrums. I really enjoyed the audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast is one of my absolute favorites of last year. I am glad you enjoyed it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Doldrums has been on my radar for a long time. It's one I really want to get to! The rest of the books I've read except for The Tortoise and the Soldier. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love How To Read A Story, a good one for many classrooms! Will look for The Tortoise and The Soldier, new to me & sounds interesting. Thanks Gigi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great selection of books this week. I loved How to Read a Story, and the Josh Funk story is hilarious! So much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but I've been eyeing several of them. Now if I can just find them at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast! So much fun in this book! I need to check out some of the other books on your list! It's a good thing summer is coming soon (22 more days of school) so I can get caught up on my reading! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How to read a story is a perfect choice for the beginning of a school year. I enjoyed Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast, but not as much as others. I've added the Doldrums to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Josh Funk! Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast is one of my favorite PBs. I cannot wait for Trent to want to read it!
    Everything else I either want to read or did not know about and now want to read :)

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady Pancake is a true treasure! I love reading this one aloud!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of Doldrums - looking forward to finding it. I still have not read Lady Pancake - feel so left out of that picturebook party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How to Read a Story is a great book for class. I haven't heard of the Doldrums book. The cover is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete