Monday, May 20, 2013

A Student Review of Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz

Reviewed by Zak

Stormbreaker
by Anthony Horowitz
Published in 2000 by Scholastic Inc 
192 Pages 

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars!

My Summary
This book takes place in London, in the United Kingdom.
The main characters in this book are: Alex Rider, Alan Blunt, Mrs. Jones, and Ian Rider. Alex Rider is a regular school boy, until one day his uncle gets killed. His uncle worked in a bank in London, so Alex wanted to go into his uncle’s office to find out how he died. But, what he didn’t know was... he had people watching him. Afterwards, he ended up being hired for the M16 special operations center which is a spy agency.  Alex was surprised and reluctant to work with M16.  He just wanted to be regular kid.  They coerced him through blackmail and he was sent on his first mission the day after. There were these new “supercomputers” being released soon. M16 knew something suspicious was going on, so they sent Alex out to test out the new computers.
Some amazing, awesome things happen after that, but the only way to find out is to read the book!

I liked this book because I love action-packed, fast-paced, survival sort of books!  It made me feel a mixture of emotions at one time. I was happy or excited at some parts, then scared, and teary at other parts.  My opinion of the book is... well, this is probably my favorite series I’ve ever read so far.

The Alex Rider series IS AN AWESOME SERIES, AND YOU SHOULD TOTALLY READ IT!!!!     

Visit alexrider.com to learn more about this series. 

Here is a book trailer for Stormbreaker.


 

Check out the movie trailer.

3 comments:

  1. When I taught 5th grade this was the most fought over book!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to this series! I can't believe I haven't heard of it. I am putting it on my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete